Being a busy woman may sometimes cause you to forget about one of the most important things, your skin. Your skin is a reflection of what you eat, stress, your environment, and beauty products that you put on your face as well as what you neglected to remove! It’s never too late to bring back your glow. In order to achieve a flawless makeup application, your skin needs to shine through. Here are a my top 10 tips to achieve healthy, beautiful skin.
1. Drink plenty of water and try adding lemon to clarify skin and help to flush toxins.
2. Always remove makeup before going to bed and wash your pillowcase often.
3. You are what you eat, so eat healthy – Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, plums, walnuts, whole wheat, salmon, and tuna to name a few. Also try avoiding a lot of fried foods and by all means don’t smoke!
4.Beauty sleep. Getting the proper rest helps to alleviate looking tired and puffiness around the eyes.
5. Develop a good skincare regime. Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and protect with sunblock.
6. Don’t skip the foundation primer. This serves as a layer between your skin and the makeup which in the long run can help to alleviate
7. Take breaks from foundation. Let your skin breath! If you feel you need a bit of cover then spot correct with concealer and use a mineral power or tinted moisturizer to even out your complexion.
8. Use lip products with vitamin e and even green tea extract.
9. Try adding a good facial mask into your skin routine.
10. Take your vitamins! Vitamin A repairs, Vitamin B contains Biotin, Vitamin E reduces appearance of scars/dry rough skin, and Vitamin K helps with dark circles and bruising. So find a great Vitamin that combines some of these together!
Here are a few of my beautiful skin faves: